Friday, July 4, 2008

Tenacious D - Wonderboy

theD

Im supposed to be in Melbourne already. Im not. Im needing to see a few people there really quickly. One of them is like totally walking already and im missing out on all the action.

Im just fucking wiped out. So tired. So much still to do. Hard to function on 3 hrs sleep a night.

July 4 2007 at 230pm was one of the happiest moments of my life. Its up there with the June 10 and 17 2006 happy moments. The July 4 2007 moment of happiness lasted for a few months, then went downhill. Fast.

So just before 230pm today I was replying to an email and I noticed it was 227pm. On July 4th. Shit. Shit.Shit. Shit. Shit. I have no safety blanket. I have none of the special people around me, like I managed to do on June 10 and June 17 this year. Shit. Shit. Shit.

But another safety blanket appeared. Music. It was already playing - always is. Always will be.

Just before 230pm this afternoon, Skid Row came on the WinAmp playlist - Monkey Business. Nice - good song. Monkey was one of the nicknames Yvee had for me. Fucking Gary used to call me Monkey and I fucking hated it. But then Yvee started calling me Monkey a few years later and I fucking loved it. She has approx 30 names for me, and for my 30th birthday she listed them all in the card she gave me. Fuck my girl rocks.

And then right after Bas rocked it like it was 1991, on came The D. KG and JB. Fucking A. WONDERBOY!!!

High above the mucky-muck, castle made of clouds,
There sits Wonderboy, sitting oh so proudly.
Not much to say when you're high above the mucky-muck.
Yeah, yeah.
Wonderboy, what is the secret of your power?
Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from the mucky-muck now?
[spoken]
Now it's time for me to tell you about Young Nastyman,
archrival and nemesis of Wonderboy, with powers comparable to Wonderboy.
What powers you ask? I dunno, how 'bout the power of flight?
That do anything for ya? That's levitation holmes.
How 'bout the power to kill a yak, from 200 yards away...
with mind bullets! That's telekinesis, Kyle.
How 'bout the power... to move you?
[sung]
History of Wonderboy and Young Nastyman,
Riggah-goo-goo, riggah-goo-goog.
A secret to be told, a gold chest to be bold,
And blasting forth with three-part harmony, go!
Wonderboy, what is the secret of your power?
Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from that mucky-muck man?
[spoken]
When Wonderboy and Young Nastyman joined forces;
they formed a band the likes of which have never been seen,
and they called themselves Tenacious D. That's right,
[sung]
Me! And KG!
[KG (spoken):] That's me.
[sung]
We're now Tenacious D!
Come fly with me, fly!
Wonderboy, what is the secret of your power?
Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from the mucky-muck now,
Oh!
[spoken]
Take my hand!
Young Nastyman, we're gonna fly!
Bring out your broadsword.
There's the hydra.
Slice his throat!
And grab his scrote.
You take the high road,
I'll take the low.
There, the crevasse,
Fill it with your mighty juice.

 

As I finish this post, Yvee's favourite The Clash song came on - Train In Vain (FYI - its the live version From the Chaos In New York 1981 bootleg).

Im still tired. Im still running late. Im still fucked up. But this past 20 or so minutes could have sucked. Big time. But thanks to a few mp3s and some video on YouTube and some great music/lyrics from the D im a little better.

1 comment:

BlakDog said...

do I detect attitude in mentioning my name?