Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Its my therapists birthday...

IMGP0541

Dear Em,

Happy Birthday!

Sorry im not there for your big day. I heard about the plans for the Sunday celebration and the nice quiet family get together today. So im sure I wont be missed...

Im sure both you and your parents will get plenty of mileage over the coming years about me not being there for the big day. You see, the pull of The Rock was just too strong for me to resist. Well actually tonight I saw Billy Joel. So its adult orientated rock / light rock / mum rock / old peoples rock. But I like it.

Today I did something cool to celebrate your birthday. I went and purchased some cupcakes at a cool bakery on 72nd street here in New York City. Then we (Paul, Rene and I) went over to Strawberry Fields in Central Park. We sat there on a beautiful summers afternoon and ate our cupcakes while I bored people to tears with stories of how cool you are.

IMG_1535

IMG_1537

One day ill tell you all about the rest of my day. Some sad stuff turned into some good stuff and that made me happy. I also got you a present from a happy place that is just beyond cool. It links in the sad thing with the happy thing and its just cool.

Oh, and I accepted a job offer while standing in the middle of Shea Stadium while waiting for Billy Joel to take the stage. It was a good show. Not HFS, but good. John Mayer was there, and John Mellencamp, and Don Henley and also Tony Bennett. They all did great guest appearances.

See you in a few weeks kid

xxx

Enzo

"I didn't mean to miss your birthday, baby
I wish I'd seen you blow those candles out"

 

No comments: