Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rolling Stones - Shine A Light





















Best

Concert

Movie

Ever


Gary, Bill, Paul and I went to see Shine A Light at Imax last night.

Great night out with the boys - yesterday had the potential to be an issue for me, but I made it through ok.

I made some notes about what I was going to write for the 5 of you. I was going to write about the huge screen (Sydney Imax is the biggest screen on the planet). I was going to write about the bitchin' sound (Sydney Imax has the best sound system of any Imax on the planet). I was going to write about the size of Christina Aguilera's norks on the big screen (Sydney Imax made Christina Aguilera's norks look like the biggest norks on the planet). I was going to write about the fact i was going to puke after the first song - from motion sickness.

I was also going to write about how ive seen dozens of Stones live concerts on video, dvd, internet, movie cinema, etc over the years and nothing - NOTHING - has ever captured them performing at their best the way this Scorsese directed film did. He even caught Charlie smiling. I didn't know Charlie could smile.

But then I saw that Tony K put up a brilliant review tonight on his blog. So go read his review. It says everything I felt about the movie and more. But no mention of X-tina's norks.

1 comment:

BlakDog said...

X-tina's norks.

Sorry I thought they needed to be mentioned again