Monday, May 19, 2008

Bon Jovi - Any Other Day



Unfortunately they didn't play this fucking amazing song when I saw them last January. it would have made a brilliant show almost stellar. Not that im complaining - look at this set list;

Sydney, Australia #1 - Acer Arena - 1/21/08

GLAD ALL OVER - Dave Clark Five cover tune
LOST HIGHWAY
BAD NAME
RAISE YOUR HANDS
RUNAWAY
RADIO SAVED MY LIFE
BLOOD ON BLOOD
IN THESE ARMS
BLAZE OF GLORY - w/ Knockin On Heavens Door
WHOLE LOT OF LEAVIN'
BORN TO BE MY BABY
WE GOT IT GOIN' ON
IT'S MY LIFE
BAD MEDICINE W/ SHOUT
THESE DAYS - RICHIE VOX
(YOU WANT TO) MAKE A MEMORY
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU
BED OF ROSES
HAVE A NICE DAY
FAITH
SLEEP w/ Jumpin' Jack Flash & Dancin' In The Streets
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
PRAYER

ENCORE:
DIE FOR YOU
HALLELUJAH
WANTED
I LOVE THIS TOWN

MY REVIEW

Its just a great song. Its classic Jovi but its 12 months old. It stands up against any of their best songs (either the hits or the fan favourites). And the above live version showcases the band rockin out in Japan earlier this year with the extended live band all getting a few moments in the spotlight. Damn Lorenza's cute...

But Jon Bon has two more chances to redeem himself by playing this song for me - July 14 and 15 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. I need to work on my dream setlist soon.

2 comments:

Glynn said...

Well, If the world get's in your face.... have a nice day

BlakDog said...

You're right . . . Lorenza IS cute but she looks a whole lot better touring with Sheryl in the Globe Sessions DVD (I got it for my birthday)