Saturday, June 27, 2009

This Was Hard....

image

 

I haven't posted for a long time. I want to. I just cant be assed. Lots to talk about. Yesterday's loss of MJ wont be discussed though. Theres already too much out there and a lot of its crap. There's lots of music stuff going on for me too.

Oh, and Steven Adler kissed me on the cheek.

But im here to talk about the Triple J Hottest 100 of all time list I have just finished preparing. The rules are here.

I started with my Last.FM profile of top artists as the last few years have mainly been digital music from my iPod. I listen to the iPod at work, in the car, on flights, at the gym, on my bike, etc. Its just too easy to dial up a track or album and play that than it is getting the record out or finding the CD.

From the artist lists I looked at it and then had a panic attack. Fuck me. There was 300+ artists. I could choose 10 (my own rules state that you can only have one song from any artist). Who would I leave off? Who would I ignore? What song from an artist would I choose? THIS LIST IS ALL TIME BEST SONGS!!!!

No pressure.

So here is the results im submitting. Ill wake up at 3am tomorrow and regret it im sure. But ill just have to live with it.

Im sure there will be comments from my 7 readers both positive and negative. Deal with it.

Adam

 

1 Pink Floyd Time
2 Jimi Hendrix Little Wing
3 Metallica Damage Inc
4 Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band New York City Serenade
5 Guns N Roses Its So Easy
6 Rage Against The Machine Calm Like A Bomb
7 Pearl Jam Immortality
8 Led Zeppelin No Quarter
9 Public Enemy Shut Em Down
10 Red Hot Chili Peppers Soul To Squeeze

 

1 comment:

BlakDog said...

Ok Ok...
Although our tastes can vary greatly I found half your chaices on my own shortlist of maybe 80 songs.

I managed to weed them down to 10 but I know as I type this it's a fluid thing and my choices would be different tomorrow (or even next hour)

My top choice was:
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Mary Jane's Last Dance

The rest in no particular order:

AC/DC - Ride On
Led Zeppelin - No Quarter
Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street
Dire Straits - Six Blade Knife
The Blues Brothers - Sweet Home Chicago
Traffic - Dream Gerrard
Pink Floyd - Money
Supertramp - Crime Of The Century
Lou Reed - Sweet Jane (Live from RnR Animal)

Woof