Monday, April 21, 2008

Winnie Cooper























Watched a very cool The Wonder Years "where are they now" type documentary last night. Yes, thats how bored I get these days. I watch too many lame shows on the Biography channel.

I really liked The Wonder Years. It came on in late 1988 / early 1989 if I recall correctly. The music was cool and the story lines were great. I was about 11 when i first started watching, so some of the themes of the show were similar to what kids my age were going through as we were the same ages as Kevin Arnold.

And certain parts of my 11 year old self fell in love with Winnie Cooper (aka Danica McKeller). She had that girl next door thing going on (cause she WAS the girl next door). I hadn't seen her on TV wince The Wonder Years finished back in 93/94. So I went to Wikipedia (where would blogs be without Wikipedia??) and read up on what she has been doing. I glanced down the page and saw a heading titled "Adult Roles" and well you can guess what types of Adult Roles I was hoping to read about.... But alas it was all about her work on stuff after the show finished. She did West Wing, NCIS, Love Boat. The TV career is going well...

But this girl is smart. She is a mathematics genius according to Wiki. She wrote a few papers on the subject and even tutors students over at her official web site. I might have to get into mathematics some more.

I found the documentary over on YouTube. Man, where would blogs be without YouTube???

No comments: