Thursday, March 6, 2008

Live recording blog's

















I love getting copies of live shows. Ive got thousands. Audience, FM, soundboard, TV rips, IEM, Matrix's, Uber's, vinyl conversions. We have lots to choose from. Every time I see Gary, Bill or Paul they give me another stack - and I give them another stack. Its madness. Theres music everywhere.

I once tried to add up how many live versions of Born To Run I had. I stopped when it was over 200. But ive listened to them all. Ok - most of them.

I download in FLAC and im grateful to the trader community for hooking us up with their recordings. I store my FLACs and burn most to CDR for the car. I also convert to mp3 (for my own use - dont flame me). These go on the iPod or on the PC in my audio directory. Through crappy notebook speakers or normal headphones on my iPod my ears cant tell the difference between a FLAC at level 5 or a 320kbps mp3.

Gary sent this URL yesterday to a great blog with a lot of amazing recordings. The files are all in mp3 - most with artwork. Theres a link on the guys blog to the FLAC versions if you want them. He has lots of great stuff - AC/DC, Aerosmith, Beastie Boys, Bruce Springsteen, Carlos Santana, Creedence , Def Leppard - and thats just A to D!

I was looking for a copy of a U2 2001 soundboard show from New York today - i have the CD in the car but cant be assed digging out the FLAC's. And Google pointed me to The Mixing Desk.
It looks just as good as the one Gary sent, though not as many shows for now - its only new. The blog has a great You Am I show from 2006. As I STILL haven't seen these guys live ill just have to make do with this 2006 addition to my other boot's from the band.

No comments: