Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ive lost my Appetite....

Its gone.

Ive looked everywhere.

Its gone.

My Appetite For Destruction CD has disappeared. Yvee's mum now has her car, and I went to Tahmoor last week to say hi. Her mum found the CD case in the car - but no CD.

I got the CD for Christmas in 1992 from my cousin. She got me the US edition with the reversed cover (the photo montage is the cover, with Axl's tattoo as the rear cover). It also came in a Geffen records longbox (remember those??). She got it in LA - i dont know where, but ive always imagined it was at Tower Records on Sunset - where Slash used to work, and Axl used to sleep under the steps behind the store.

Before I got it that Christmas I just had it on tape - I was a poor 14 year old who only had $5 a week in pocket money, so if a friend gave me a copy of an album on tape I just made do with that. Id heard Appetite on CD at friends houses, and when I finally had my own CD I can recall hearing it for the first time and just thinking that it was like the first time id ever heard the album. You could hear the cymbals, the intricate guitar work Izzy does in the background. And the fucking on Rocket Queen sounded amazing!

Since then its been on constant rotation in the cars ive owned. That CD has gone with me everywhere. Not just roadtrips, but to and from work, the shops, friends houses - everywhere. And now its gone.

I have Appetite on vinyl - a few copies. I also have the uber rare Robert Williams banned artwork vinyl cover - though sadly its the 2003 re-issue instead of the 1987 original.

I know I can just go buy a new copy. But its not the same.

Farewell Appetite CD, thanks for the memories.

1 comment:

Bl@kDog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.